Zero to Hero Ketogenic Program
Q: What is the Ketogenic Program?
A keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. It’s referred to as many different names – ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat (LCHF), etc.
When you eat something high in carbs, your body will produce glucose and insulin.
- Glucose is the easiest molecule for your body to convert and use as energy so that it will be chosen over any other energy source.
- Insulin is produced to process the glucose in your bloodstream by taking it around the body.
Since the glucose is being used as a primary energy, your fats are not needed and are therefore stored. Typically on a normal, higher carbohydrate diet, the body will use glucose as the main form of energy. By lowering the intake of carbs, the body is induced into a state known as ketosis.
Ketosis is a natural process the body initiates to help us survive when food intake is low. During this state, we produce ketones, which are produced from the breakdown of fats in the liver.
The end goal of a properly maintained keto diet is to force your body into this metabolic state. We don’t do this through starvation of calories but starvation of carbohydrates.
Our bodies are incredibly adaptive to what you put into it – when you overload it with fats and take away carbohydrates, it will begin to burn ketones as the primary energy source. Optimal ketone levels offer many health benefits such as weight loss specifically fat weight loss, physical and mental performance benefits, cholesterol and blood sugar control just to name a few. The Ketogenic diet is a sustainable diet that can be practiced for long periods or for life.
CFPR Zero to Hero Program Goal:
The main goal of our Zero to Hero program is to get the program participant to become an “Independent” Keto dieter and enjoy all the benefits of a true ketogenic diet.
We encourage participants to use our program as a temporary jumping stone for perhaps 1-2 months and once participant feels confident and knowledgeable they can discontinue with the program and continue the Keto Program on their own confidently but with easy access to our Keto Nutrition coach when needed.
$200/month. Month to month program
$100/month from 3rd month onward.
- Initial Consultation with Keto coach (talk about Keto Diet, Initial Inbody testing, Initial Blood level testing, guide on what to and not to eat.)
- Personalized journal: Used for daily tracking of meals and more importantly for discussion with coach during your weekly consults.
- Weekly Meeting with coach
- Weekly InBody Testing
- Weekly Blood Ketone Testing (the goal is to get the your Ketone level to the sweet spot level for Ketosis)